Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

The Most Interesting Man in the World – July 2017


The Dos Equis icon, Jonathan Goldsmith AKA the Most Interesting Man in the World, came to town to publicize his newest endeavor. Now that his ‘Most Interesting’ responsibilities are over, he is now the spokesman for Astral Tequila.  I went to the restaurant called Mexican Sugar to track down his autograph.

When I got there I learned that I needed to purchase a shot or mixed drink of this tequila. As you may know I don’t drink. So I gave the waitress the money and told her to skip bringing it out.  She gave me a sad look and hesitated but still took my money.

 


I had printed two photos of Jonathon. One that I thought was classy but not Dos Equis and one from Star Trek. If you are on Facebook, you ‘know’ he was a red shirt that wasn’t killed in the episode. While I couldn’t verify the truth of that one way or the other, I still printed the Star Trek photo as it was too great of an opportunity to pass.

Jonathon was seated in a high back leather chair with 2 young ladies standing behind to dress the ambience.  With cigar in hand he waved me over. I sat, said hello, and asked if he’d sign for me. I did mention I had 2 photos if he had time. He nodded that that was okay.

He signed the first one and then I revealed the second one as I told him I was big Trekkie. He sat back in his chair and told me polity that he was never in Star Trek. He didn’t know who was in that photo but it wasn’t him.

I told him I wasn’t sure but HAD to ask. I sheepishly smiled, posed for a photo, thanked him, and left.

AH

1 comment: