Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Lou Diamond Phillips Alamo City ComicCon 2017


First, I did not know what a sex symbol Lou Diamond Phillips was. There a lot of women in line drooling over him.  They excitedly followed him to the end of the table for a selfie.  There were plenty of hugs to go around. Some of the hugs from the women lingered longer than they should but Lou Diamond Phillips took it in stride.

Second, he looked good and was very friendly.  He would chat and pose for photos (after he took off his glasses) and signed photos (after he put the glasses back on). Age catches up with all of us.  
Third, I never how popular the movie, La Bamba was. Most people in line had something from that movie. There was a sprinkling of items from Young Guns. From a comicon like this, I would have expected more Young Guns than La Bamba.
When it was my turn, I picked a generic photo. I think it’s from Longmire. He did the normal blah blah and signed. Then I mentioned how much I enjoyed Wolf Lake. The glasses were ripped off with a big smile.  He said it had a great cast. I threw out a few names to prove I had some cred and not just throwing out an obscure show to impress him. We both lamented the early dismissal. Then we said it also had a young Mary Elizabeth Winstead.  I cocked my head in doubt.  He said she was a teenager. And we both mentioned how quickly time flies. 
We shook and I left. The glasses popped back on as he signed for the next fan.
AH

No comments:

Post a Comment