Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Monday, January 15, 2018

Joe Flanigan Wizard World Austin 2017


I enjoyed the original movie Stargate and I also enjoy the various TV series it spawned. I’m looking forward to the new series coming out ‘soon’.  When I saw that Joe Flanigan was appearing in Austin, I wanted to go. He was the lead in Stargate Atlantis.

Wizard World can be irritating. The shows have gotten smaller in Austin. That might be true for all of their locations. And they also have some guests that you need to buy an autograph ticket instead of paying cash at the table. I’m sure there is a reason some guests accept cash and some don’t but I’m often surprised by who requires it.

Regardless, I needed a ticket for Joe. Okay, no big deal. No one was in line. I figured I’d walk over and buy a ticket and be back in 2 shakes. I went to the booth to buy a ticket. There was a line there. I waited about 20 minutes to get my ticket for Joe.

I walked back to the Joe’s table and he was gone for lunch. Ugh. It happens.

When he returned, I got walked up, still no line, and got his autograph. He thanks me for watching the show and I went to other things.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment